Saturday, October 13, 2018

Harpoon Dunkin' Coffee Porter



After living in an apartment with a Dunkin' Donuts(now just Dunkin) down the street, I can say I have drank quite a fair share of their coffee. I still do for that matter. So, you can imagine I was excited to see Dunkin' Coffee being used in a beer. I am not saying I think Dunkin' Coffee is by any means amazing or my favorite coffee, it is just a coffee I am used to drinking out of convenience more than anything else, but I am excited to try it in beer form. This also marks the first time I have purchased a beer from Harpoon outside of Boston in years.

Harpoon's Dunkin' Coffee Porter is a medium-bodied porter with an aroma that is very roasty, with rich espresso dark chocolate, smoke with a touch of caramelized sugar. The first sip matches the nose. It is a robust combination of roasted malt and espresso. What I liked here was that the coffee is showcased nicely. It is very much unmistakably a Dunkin' Coffee beer. Unfortunately, that is also what I did not like about this beer. Having drank my fair share of Dunkin' Coffee I can safely say this tastes like old, burnt Dunkin' Coffee with a touch of caramelized sugar sweetness & a dry finish. It is not completely terrible but it is not that good either. This is a gimmick beer that unfortunately, like most Harpoon beers, is just good enough not to offend the palate but not good enough to merit a second purchase.

Overall rating: 2.25/5


Rating Scale:
1. Repugnant and undrinkable
2. Acceptable but forgettable
3. Good, worth a purchase
4. Excellent, a step above the norm
5. Truly Exceptional. Drop everything, BUY IT NOW!

To discuss this blog or all things beer like my Facebook page

Look for me on Instagram & Untappd and Twitter @ACraftyLook

For more beer reviews check out: http://www.acraftylook.com

Thanks for reading. Sláinte!

No comments:

Post a Comment