Friday, April 7, 2017

Burlington Beer Elaborate Metaphor Pale Ale


My intention is not to flood my blog with beer from my recent Vermont trip, but it seems almost a disservice not to mention a few of them. First and foremost a beercation in Vermont does not officially start until I have had some Heady Topper. I was able to accomplish this almost immediately and from there I was open to trying some new and exciting things.


Our visit to Foam Brewers in Burlington in particular was a highlight. Everything I had from there seemed to leave an impression, especially their Galaxie 500 Double IPA. The beer was like drinking pineapple juice mixed with an amazing blend of tropical hop notes and a nice bitter finish. Everything about the beer worked for me and I hope to one day have it again.


A place I did not get to go sadly was Burlington Beer Company. I ended up trying their Stargazer Blonde Ale as a hotel beer and was instantly in love. The blonde ale style of beer seems to get lost in the crowd and that's a shame. When it is done right, it can be fantastic. If this beer was sold in Upstate NY, I would make it a regular part of my summer beer drinking. Since Stargazer was so good, I had no issue dropping 15 dollars on a 4 pack of their Elaborate Metaphor Pale Ale. I waited until I  returned home to drink it, because if it was as good as I hoped, then Burlington Beer Company would be the first place we would visit during our next trip there. Until then, I think a review of it is a fantastic idea.

Elaborate Metaphor pours an opaque straw yellow with a lasting white head. The aroma is full of passion fruit, peach, orange, and grapefruit with a nice bready malt in the background. The citra hop really comes through in the aroma. From this, I was certain I would enjoy the first sip of this beer and I was right. Peach, orange, melon, mango, and passion fruit with a slightly bitter grapefruit finish. There was a hint of pine and grass in the finish as well. If you look at those flavor notes and think that sounds a lot like juice, you would be correct. There is a noticeable malt presence but it is in the background. The malt lends a breadiness which adds a nice amount of sweetness. The other thing about Elaborate Metaphor that is beautiful is its soft mouthfeel. It is light, pillowy and silky smooth. That characteristic which is more common in New England Pale Ales & IPAs makes everything here even better. Needless to say, I am gushing over Elaborate Metaphor Pale Ale. I think it is safe to say Burlington Beer Company will be my first stop next time I go to Burlington.

Overall I would rate Elaborate Metaphor a 4.5/5. So juicy I wonder if it has Vitamin C in it.

To discuss this blog or all things beer like my Facebook page

Look for me on Instagram & Untappd and Twitter @ACraftyLook

For more beer reviews check out: http://www.acraftylook.com

Thanks for reading. Sláinte!


No comments:

Post a Comment